Friday, March 17, 2006

Remembrance of Heather Walden (WinterSkye)

I was with Diana during the trip in the RVs across the country. She told me about them all the time, told me about her and Roger's trips, what they saw, places they visited. It was a great adventure to her, even though it was only business. During the trip, she would radio messages to use about the train to our right that was over a mile long and talked about how they crossed the plains and many other sites we went by. When we stopped, she would talk about when she and Roger were there, sometimes, crying a little and catching herself. She told us stories of their adventures on the road and sometimes talked about her last trip when she came home to find Roger had passed away. She was bubbly and happy, even though she did not feel well, she always put on a good face and continued on. I had worried about her for months, I worried more during this trip. I loved talking with her, I loved to hear about her stories of previous adventures, about Roger too.

We talked often, sometimes via email every couple of minutes at Midnight to 2am until one of us got tired of typing and would go to phone calls.

I miss talking to her, we gabbed for hours on the phone. We related to each other in many situations in our lives. She listened to me often, gave me much insight to myself and made me believe that people can be trusted a lot more than I would allow. She showed me that there are more good than bad people and helped me to understand why some people acted the way they did. She was one of my best friends and I was very open to her about anything on my mind and I allowed myself to listen to her as much as I could.

She did take on a lot of stress, she worked very hard at everything she did. I worried about that too as it affected her health. She always showed everyone that she was fine, but underneath she wasnt. She missed Roger terribly, and spoke to him often. I knew he was in the cottage, as I had seen him myself. Roger was a very loving, open hearted, fun and generous guy and he is surely missed as well.

The morning that we were finally able to get into the RV to find Diana had passed, was very hard to take. I was allowed to see her, and spent a few minutes touching her head and telling her I loved her. She was so peaceful looking, sleeping all snuggled up hugging her pillow as if she just went to bed. I am very glad that her passing was painless and during a time she much enjoyed, the trips with the RVs across half the country. I am very happy she is now with Roger, who will take wonderful care of her.

I miss her laugh and her smile through anything. I miss her talks, her reassurances, her yummy soup and cookies. As happy as I am for her, I am missing her terribly.

I love you Diana, I am glad you are in a better place. I will always miss you. I am so glad I was there with you. Be at peace. And Roger, take care of her for us.

Love

Heather Walden
(WinterSkye)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home